With AfterShokz, you can safely listen to music while out on the road without losing control of the environment. On the road or with the speakers blasting on your next turbo session, we’ve got five SCIENTIFIC ways music can enhance your training.
- For cyclists, there’s science that found we pedalled and worked harder when listening to faster music compared to music at a slower tempo. So up that soundtrack and watch your RPMs increase! Songs between 120 and 140 beats per minute (bpm) have the maximum effect.
- Music makes you want to move! Researchers found that when music possesses “high-groove” qualities, the brain gets excited and induces movement in the listener. Let’s get your brain excited - you won’t be able to help yourself but move even if you’re not in the mood for exercising.
- A good beat helps you keep pace. The rhythm of your workout music stimulates the motor area of the brain as to when to move, which brings a whole new meaning of “marching to your own beat”. When you’re setting the pace yourself, like in cycling or running, these signals help us use our energy more efficiently. Fluctuating through a session is harder on your body than keeping a steady pace.
- Music puts you in a good mood. An analysis found that people often listen to music as a way to change their mood. When interviewed, participants stated that when they listened to music it allowed them to think about themselves and who they wanted to be.
- The go-to song that gets you in “the zone” is proven to work. We associate certain songs with memories and it’s often the context that we heard them in that gets us pumping. Channelling that memory, or even the emotion of the singer boosts the motivational power of the song and its been shown to improve physical performance.
So, throw your favourite tracks into a playlist, turn the volume up and get pedalling!
SPECS Part Number: AS800 Battery: lithium polymer battery Speaker type: Bone conduction transducer Continuous playback: Up to 8 hours Frequency response: 20Hz~20KHz Standby time: Up to 10 days Sensitivity: 105±3...